FORUM D’ENTRAIDE INFORMATIQUE (FEI)
Site d’assistance et de sécurité informatique

VPN's are still a little out of my wheelhouse so I'm here for some direction.

I have a Plex server (Windows based) at my house on FIOS. I have a Plex server (Ubuntu) at my parents house, also on FIOS.

What I would like is to have my machines at home (all Windows) be able to access the drive on my Plex server at my parents house. Ideally, it would mount like I would map a network share between my machines and my NAS. Something that stays connected all of the time.

Both routers at each house are Netgear Orbi (RBK50) which do not support site-to-site VPN, but there are some options for OpenVPN in there. I haven't read enough to know what that would actually do for me, if anything. My guess is that would allow me to run PIA at the router level instead of having to do it on each machine via their program.

Any direction or help on where to start would be appreciated!
Can users access the servers these disks are mapped to when connected to a VPN? If not, that would be the problem, and we would need more details about your network topology to be able to help much more. In general, however, you would need to configure the firewall/ACLs/whatever so that remote proxy server online users can communicate with the server(s) hosting the file shares for the mapped drives. You might check the validity of this notion by adding an item to one of the remote machines' hosts file that points the server name to the internal LAN IP. Then, see if they can access the mapped drives and other resources.
I recently decided to upgrade my filming experience and opted for a GoPro. However, once I started actively using the camera, I realized that the convenience and discretion was being compromised by the limited battery life. The solution was found - order extra batteries for the GoPro! But how to choose them?
I decided to use the official GoPro website to be sure of the quality and compatibility gopro battery. I found the accessories section of the site, where I quickly found the batteries I needed. As an added plus, I also found some kits on the site that included both batteries and chargers, which proved to be a convenient and cost-effective solution.

In the end, the whole process of ordering batteries was easy and convenient. I can't wait to get my new accessories and rush back into action with full confidence that the battery won't let me down at the most crucial moment. How do you usually order accessories for your tech?

Bonjour à tous, Je suis à la recher[…]

Best SEO Company Perth

With millions of websites on the internet, it can […]

Présentation Judi

Salut, Bienvenue sur FEI :) À très[…]